Friday, February 24, 2006

2.5 Twist Reverse Pike Somersault

NOTE THIS IS BEING POSTED ON THE 28TH BUT WAS WRITTEN ON THE 24TH. I'M NOT ONE FOR BACKDATING BLOGS BUT ATTEMPTS TO PASS THIS INFORMATION ON TO THE IMPORTANT PEOPLE WHEN I WAS IN THE MOOD TO DO IT HAVE FAILED AND NOW I'M GOING OUT OF TOWN. SO....


There's nothing more dramatic then passing out in the studio. Unless, of course, one does it after cutting the tip of one's thumb off and doing a pseudo-conscious backflip over the back of one's chair while tying to sit down after feeling somewhat lightheaded during an attempted personal gauze application.
Now I'm not one to worry my mother, I think I've put her through more than enough in the past, but I should say that the above described individual was me AND I AM FINE. EXCELLENT. STUPENDOUS I do have a large lump on the back of my head from where I hit the radiator on the way down [Did I forget to mention that?], which has resulted in a staggeringly large headache. My good friend Lisa who just happened to have walked up to my desk asked me what was up after seeing gauze on my desk. She arrived in just enough time for me to say "I cut my thumb." *CUE BLACKOUT* She asked why I was so yellow about a half second before I did a not so graceful dive over the back of my chair. Jon, who sits next to me, had called an ambulance before I regained total consciousness, and I spent a minute on the floor of the studio trying to figure out exactly just what had happened until paramedics showed up.
Now the piece of my thumb that was taken off seemed small enough to not warrant any of this type of drama [not even to the fingernail - a tiny little shaving really]. It came off in an amazingly clean fashion and I was quite calm and reserved while I walked over to the first-aid kit near the sink. I gave it a quick rinse, patted it dry, and grabbed some gauze and tape to wrap it up; all with the idea that this was so small I needn't worry anyone about such a little thing and I could simply just get back to work.
So the Aquatic Center model I was working on is now on hold and I have a meeting with my supervisor later today to discuss the deadline I have on Monday.
Now all of this happened last night and I was in absolutely no mood to discuss it last night,[You know who you are],I just wanted to put my massive headache to bed. And now I simply want to return to normal and get back to work. It was such a small little cut, simply exploded into a big scene by a low blood-sugar [4.1] and a rather unexpected queasiness.
I guess now there's just a little less of me to spread around.
Once Again, Feel Great - Excellent - Marvelous!

No comments: