Friday, September 02, 2005

Toronto!

Yes I'm here at last. I've been spending the past several days in the summer workshop offered to students who have either not drafted ever or have not done it in so long that they need a refresher course [I fit into the latter].
I'm still a little overwhelmed by my surroundings but am relieved to have found myself earlier tonight sitting at a pub with the director of my department talking about Eisenman's aesthetic goals over pints of strange and unknown east-coast label beer. Yes I do believe I am at home.
I'm loving it tremendously and am more sure now than I was when I applied that this school is absolutely the right choice for me. The new director, An Te Liu, is a young and vibrant individual whose soul purpose seems to be to shake things up and put the school on the cutting edge of design in Canada. I just seem to have gotten in before the word has gotten out. The possibilities seem limitless and the freedom to explore my ideas seems more than just a given.

Blah blah blah. I love it. It's perfect. I'm beaming.

No comments: