Monday, October 10, 2005

Quiet Turkey


I awoke and sauntered over to the studio this morning. The weather has finally turned and before I left I happily dug out my scarves and gloves from storage and replaced them with my thin summer clothes. There was practically no one around and it took me a moment to realize that it is Thanksgiving today. It started to pick up once I got near the campus but only just. I decided to abuse the elevator to whisk me up to the top floor of the building where my studio space is located. After I unlocked the door I poked around the floor to say hello to my friends. Alas I was the only one on the floor except for two thesis students and one second year student. It is a holiday today but it was quieter than I would have guessed - no matter I just sat down and started working on rough models of my Proun and made myself some tea [in my Bodum teapot which has been getting a serious workout lately] now that the weather has cooled off. A quiet Thanksgiving so far, but at least I'm finally making progress and getting stuff done.

No comments: