Saturday, November 04, 2006

1:750

I've been really naughty lately:
I've called none of my friends. [My parents have been barely included in the loop]
I missed a really good friends birthday. [I'm still trying to figure out how to dig myself out of that mess]
I haven't called one of my best friends in Washington DC since I don't know when.[By the way Adrienne, the painting is done...I swear!]
I haven't called another one of my best friends who is supposed to be in my neck of the woods in a few days - who wanted to hang out with me so badly that he was going to fly me to Montreal for a few days while he was there. I don't know if he is even still coming.

cripes.

I have been rather close to a model lately though. This one is not the skinny runway type but the overwhelming architectural kind. It's 78in X 56in X 40in. At almost seven feet long and five feet wide it's quite imposing and seems to have a voracious appetite for architectural materials - which might be fitting since in reality the site is almost a kilometer wide and one and a half kilometers long. Did I mention that the base the model sits on [custom built by me] has a fully articulated double sided drawer almost the same size as the model surface.
"Wanna see the underground road system? Here let me pull it out for you."
Fantastic.

So as I sit here at 1am waiting for the base coat of paint to dry I thought I would take some time and say hi/apologize to those who have suffered due to the ridiculous work schedule I've had this past 6 weeks.

The model is due Tuesday.
It only gets worse after that.

No comments: