Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Books


What is it about the things I love that makes them hard to find? Music that's only available on Vinyl... books that are out of print.
And what is it about Architecture books that is so fantastic? Is it their thick pages, their unusual binding methods, the awe inspiring pictures? I know it's not the cost or ease of availability that's for sure.
I recently went trawling through Amazon's web listing of books on architecture in preparation for being drilled by family and friends about what to get me for Christmas. Lots of books I am interested in were listed, but only a handful were available if I wasn't willing to wait for several months. Figures. It's a shame the bulk of the really interesting projects out there only exist in books. But that is how many of today's world leading architects existed for a long time: as 'Paper Architects'. If anyone is interested and wants to stir the creative juices of a young architect, here is only a quick and incomplete list.

No comments: