Monday, November 28, 2005

First Blood


"Measuring 16" and weighing in at 3 ounces it's the 'cardboard sensation' sketch model!!! And in this corner measuring 6'3" and coming in at a paltry 165lbs....."

Well, you get the idea. My sketch model and I have decided to go head to head in a fight to the finish to figure out the bulk of my semester grade. And after a disappointing* critique of my work, which I agreed with on the grounds that something got lost in the translation from the sketch to a finished model, It seems as if the sketch model has drawn the first blood.[ * disappointing only that it was based on 38hours of work spread out over the past 2 days and a certain cost of materials which is now getting dumped into the recycling bin as we speak.]
Yes it's back to the drawing board for me. Again. Christ. I really needed to take a day to work on papers, laundry, dishes, and a cat which I seem to have recently acquired for a few weeks while my sister is out of town.
So using boxing metaphors still, it's only a minor cut above the eye - and besides I'm bigger than this little model. I'll just squish the fucker under my boot if he tries something like that again.

No comments: