Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Taking a Number


In light of recent events it seems like my system of 'doing it all on my own' has failed me miserably. Whoops. For those who have been caught up in this mess I must apologize for there is no excuse except for my vaulting stubbornness towards rebelling against a lifetime of being the baby in the family and a personal inability to ask for help. Growing up with a father and three mothers is never an ideal situation for someone like me to be in but hey - that's what I've got.
Work is coming along well. We have this crazy felt project which asks us to explore the relationships between a specific set of criteria with regards to a potentially inhabitable structure. We get to completely ignore the basic rules of practicality, feasibility, scale, and even gravity in the initial stages of this project which will eventually round out my studio time this semester. My initial conceptual model is done and pictures of the project and the studio space will be forth coming [AT LAST] in the next few days.
On another note I have managed to avoid the flu which seems to have descended on the studio - my studio instructor Annette is the hardest hit so far as she sneezes and sniffles her way through the day [As if I needed another excuse to try to avoid her] but it has made her more pleasant to be around as she doesn't seem to be as corrosive in her criticism of my work. I had considered the fact that my work had improved lately, but according to my classmates she seems to be warmer overall.

No comments: